Thursday, March 6, 2008

What's Behind a Door?


Perhaps a good neighbor, ready to help...

Whenever I need an exotic dose of color, pattern, or just a glimpse into a completely different way of life from here in North America, I visit Elizabeth's blog, The House in Marrakesh. (I wish I could smell the scents and feel the warm air through my computer, but that part is left to imagination...)

On Monday Elizabeth posted a collection of her door photographs-- a post which inspired a lot of interest in doors-- their design, their metaphors, their possibilities.

So next Wednesday, for fun, she's decided to have a "Door Day" theme. Post a picture of your favorite door, or do a drawing, or write something-- whatever inspires you. And maybe drop her a note to let her know. Everyone can play!

2 comments:

Frank Gardner said...

I'm in too and we are getting a list together Jennifer. This will be very good fun.

Jennifer Thermes said...

Yes, Frank-- I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.