Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall-A-Bration

Pictures from this past weekend...

Some autumn color-- the trees have already started dropping their leaves.















Some old house chores-- cleaning and putting up storm windows. This corner looks so quaint. But when the wind blows hard, we get little puffs of blown-in-insulation inside the house. Somebody added it the '50's in a futile attempt to keep out drafts. (The mice appreciate it, though.)



















So much for color IQ tests-- I like messing with my reds.















Everyone found their little spot in the sun and relaxed.

8 comments:

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

OK Jen, I am packing as we speak.. on my way there! You don't mind I crash at your place for a couple of days, do you? What a beautiful place to live in my friend!!

We can sketch and paint, talk over coffee, do some of those random tests that we like, talk about kids, books, stories, life. How about it? :o)

I love fall, nothing beats those colors. Its pretty amazing actually, when you think about it.
And I love doggy sleeping on the sun... looks so happy and content.

Unknown said...

oh what a wonderful time of year...I love all the colours....

Jennifer Thermes said...

Name the date, Alicia-- I'll get the coffee brewing! (Just bring a sweater...) ;-)

Me too, Diana.

Elizabeth said...

The dog, obviously, has the right idea.
Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.
We went for a long walk this afternoon.
Yes the reds/pink sort of clash but look the better for it!

Christine Mercer-Vernon said...

oh wow! you have such amazing color up there already! We are just really starting to turn here. i'm with alicia, packing as we speak. your dog looks very comfortable...love the old plank floors....

Jennifer Thermes said...

Elizabeth-- I'm thinking that dogs and cats frequently have better ideas than humans... Yesterday was a perfect day for a walk. I ended up taking a bike ride with my daughter. Lovely!

Christine-- Well okay then, we'll make it a party! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
Thanks for the beautiful pictures! I love Fall, and this year is indeed a beautiful year for leaf color.

Jennifer Thermes said...

Thanks for stopping by, Carrie!