Thursday, October 2, 2008

Itsy Bitsy

While going out to the car the other morning, I almost walked into this:















Yep, I shrieked. (A small one.) But then I got to studying this little guy's web. It was a masterful design. Delicate, strong, and catching lots of critters. He must have seen me too, because he scooted off to the side.















The web looks huge in the pictures, but it really wasn't all that big. I'm just glad I didn't walk into it face-first! (It was up high, attached on one side to a clematis trellis and on the other to the house gutter.)

5 comments:

Christine Mercer-Vernon said...

oh yuck! i hate spiders...we live in the woods and get a ton of very large creepy one's. very nice looking web, so precise!! this time of year we get this big juicy spiders that build gigantic webs...from the roof of your house down to the ground. last year i came home and opened the garage door and one had filled the entire opening with a web. i am so glad you didn't walk into it, you don't need yet another critter/face encounter!!

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

amazing spider web! I'm with you there.. to walk up face in that thing would of been.. well.. awful!! I'm glad you didn't and instead took this great pictures.

It is so beautiful were you live, love the landscape :o)

Jennifer Thermes said...

Ha, right, Christine-- no more encounters, thank you very much! Spiders aren't exactly my favorites either-- though crawling things in large numbers get to me more...

Thanks, Alicia! I love the New England landscape too. But I do think every place has it's own type of beauty, right? :-)

Elizabeth said...

Bats, spiders!
How one loves nature.....sort of.
There were lovely webs in England in the early morning but my camera didn't get very good shots.yours are super

Jennifer Thermes said...

Elizabeth-- Yes, love it-- more so when it's outside! ;-)