Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Thank You, Highlights!


















This past weekend I went to my first Highlights Illustrators' Party at their company headquarters in Honesdale, Pennsylvania. Wow, what a nice group of people– they sure know how to make you feel welcome! My buddy Julie and I drove out together, and one of the first things we commented on as we pulled into town were all the "Welcome Illustrators!" signs. Where else on earth would you ever see that? So cool!

People came to the party from all over the country, and Canada, too. One of the best surprises was meeting so many online folks in person– Susan Mitchell, Paula Becker, Jannie Ho– and a whole bunch of others. It was great to spend time talking face to face while we ate, listened to a presentation by the staff, ate, looked at each others artwork, ate, sat by the lake, ate, dressed up in costumes, ate, square danced (some of us!), and ate some more. (Did I mention that the food was delicious?)

Thanks, Highlights, for a wonderful time!

6 comments:

paula said...

Great meeting you too, Jennifer! They certainly do know how to throw a party!

Jennifer Thermes said...

Yes indeed! Wish I had brought a better camera-- love looking at everyone's photos!

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

It was such a nice surprise for sure! So happy to meet you in person :-)

Susan said...

It was great to meet you in person and hanging out with you and Julie made everything so relaxed and fun. (I was worried that I would be hit with a shy attack!). Crossing my fingers that we all get to do this again next year :)

Jennifer Thermes said...

Me too, you, Jannie! :-)

Haha, Susan-- I SO know what you mean about the shy attack! I'll cross my fingers too, but I have a good feeling... ;-)

Julie said...

Nice meeting all of you! Hope we can all do it again next year.